Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Urban Park



It's January. It's 70 degrees out. And I've been blessed with a schedule that allows me to have a Wednesday at 3 p.m. free to bike into Cameron Park and take some pictures.  Hanging in my hammock, journal in hand, camera bag lying beneath me, my attention is turned to just how fast the world moves.  I forget how constant my Father in heaven is, and how carefully and close He watches over me with His goodness and love.  His rest and peace are necessary for me to live for His Kingdom in a fast-moving and hurting world. A spectacular slice of beauty in the midst of a broken city.  Cameron park is a great metaphor for the way He has taken my heart of sin and made it pure. I am thankful for the reminder that I am known and cared for intimately by my Abba, Father.

Who says Waco isn't beautiful?

2 comments:

  1. It's so easy not only to over look the simple, everyday things, but also to take them for granted. It has taken me until my last year in Waco to begin to notice the little things, to slow down, and to finally appreciate God's beauty in the world around me - not just in the places I wish I could go see or visit. You're so right, there's so much beauty amidst the brokenness of our city

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good. Great writing man! I feel like I'm there enjoying God with ya

    ReplyDelete