Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Year in Review (thanks Rebecca)


In the spirit of a blogging tradition of my sister's where she recaps here past two years in photos, I have decided to do the same with my inaugural blog post.

The moments from 2011 that I will remember the most are:


ringing in the 2011 with ma gal


her first visit to the Chi

Capitol Hill activities for Kevs bday

my home for the spring semester

a week in London

Amsterdam fun

European death hockey

Travel buddies strolling the streets of Paris

Copenhagen frigidness

Carnival!...and Beach

The land of William Wallace

stealing Rebecca's friends. she's that awesome

Irish wonderment

training everywhere. in style.

a spontaneous trip to Switzerland after a missed train to Prague. perfect.

skiing the Alps.

Barcelona, the start of a 3 week backpacking excursion

the places He brought me. 
Cinque.

new friends and travel companions.

a spontaneous trip to the Greek islands

Santorini, the perfect finish line to an amazing three months

home for easter with the fam. mom and aunt twinkies.

Back to Texas. Capitol Hill crazy scavenger hunt in Austin

this happening

road trip out to Colorado with my Jillionaire

Snowpacalypse up at Camp Timberline

summer friends, amazing disciples, and epic tanks.
4th of July, the best day of the summer.

pops visit to me up at camp
my two sisters for the summer
#wildmenofGod



a slice of heaven.

finishing the summer off by conquering Longs Peak.
(it only took me 2 tries)

beating the girlfriends football team.
the start of my last year at Baylor.

mommas new hubbie Paul

J-illy visiting for a Chicago fall 
the first ever Baylor win versus OU.
and a well-earned field rush.

daily learning and growth in my major


being home for Thanksgiving with the ones I love the most

reuniting with old friends

this guy.
and this guy

watching Father move in jr. high students
our last BU football game as students
an RG3 Heisman victory celebration


the three best friends anyone could have

joyful Christmas time

family moments


2011 was one adventure after another, and each one brought me to a greater reflection of the glory of God and His son Jesus Christ. He has revealed Himself to me in more great and beautiful ways, and what a story He is writing with my life.  May 2012 be about making Him increase and me decrease. May He receive the glory and fame that are due to Him through my life. 

If you actually made it through all those pictures I give you mad props. Even bigger props if you watched several of the hidden links. I promise this blog will not have another post in this photojournal style for a long time. In the future I aim to conjure up some words and bring forth a relevant thought or two.

Happy reading.

1 comment:

  1. love this post. i'm giving myself some props for finishing it all + conquering hidden links. can't wait for some more insights! you are full of wisdom mikey :) thanks for being my best friend brother.

    ReplyDelete